As a leading supplier of simulation software, systems, and technical expertise for development and lab testing of complex control and system integration applications, our engineers work with customers on some of the most cutting-edge technology being developed in the Aerospace and Defense community.
ADI offers an excellent work environment with flexibility and versatility. We are a small, agile company that develops technology based on strong engineering processes. We provide our employees with competitive salaries and a comprehensive beneift package that includes Platinum-level health and dental plans, employer paid life insurance and disability benefits, and a 401(k) plan with both pre-tax and Roth deferrals.
To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume with a cover letter specifying the position you are applying for and your salary requirements to email@example.com. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Embedded Software Engineer
Applied Dynamics’ flagship software product, the ADvantage Framework, is used to build powerful real-time simulation systems. Typical applications include aircraft systems development, engine control development, vehicle integration and control systems and satellite control.
We are seeking an experienced Embedded Systems Software Engineer to lead the on-going development of our distributed, multi-core systems and tools using POSIX-compliant real-time operating systems such as QNX and real-time Linux. This position requires involvement in all stages of the development cycle, from the design and specifcation phase to product release, while ensuring compliance with development standards and performance specifications.
Major Job Duties:
- Design and development of multi-threaded simulation control code within various real-time embedded frameworks.
- Exploration of new processors and new technology and their application to simulation systems.
- Development of interfaces/device drivers for many IO devices such as analog, digital, and communcation standards and busses such as Ethernet, CAN, ARINC, 1553, etc.
- Development of device specific firmware for new circuit board designs.
- Assisting in the hands-on integration and commissioning of customer’s systems.
- Working with PCI and VME form factors.
- Integration with 3rd party simulation modeling tools such as Simulink/MATLAB.
- Documentation of designs and test procedures.
Education and Experience/Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience working with real-time operating systems.
- Experience using C/C++
- Hands-on experience working with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, etc.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience writing device drivers.
- Experience with assembling PCs and BIOS settings.
- Hands-on experience working with circuit boards.
- FPGA experience.
Although we do not have any openings in the these areas at this time, the following job postings indicate the skills and experience that we routinely recruit for. We encourage candidates with those skills to check back periodically for any openings.
Applied Dynamics is currently in the process of developing the next generation of our ADvantage tools that will provide multiple OS platform support with enhanced performance and capabilities. These positions involve the design and development of C++ code on both Windows and Linux platforms and would require involvement in all stages of the development cycle from the design and specification phase to product release, while ensuring compliance with development standards and performance specifications.
Major job duties would include software development using C++ on Windows and Linux platforms; exploration of new software technologies for possible integration or performance enhancements; helping to support and maintain previous revisions of released software products; and documentation of software design and testing procedures.
This position requires a B.S. degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related field with proficiency in Windows based application development using Microsoft Visual Studio, including knowledge of MFC or similar class libraries and experience with one or more of the following:
- Linux development in C++
- Python scripting
- MATLAB / Simulink
- COM and ActiveX technologies
- TCP/IP programming concepts
Electrical Engineer experienced in circuit board design for simulation and test systems. Responsibilities will include producing engineering designs for new products and support of existing designs. Requires involvement in new product development cycles from the specification phase to product release while ensuring compliance with performance specification and meeting manufacturability and test requirements.
Major Job Duties
- Responsibilities will include digital, analog, and PLD design; schematic entry; PCB layout
- Hardware debug in conjunction with software engineers
- Work with customers to solidify customer requirements and develop custom designs as required.
- Documentation of designs and test procedures
Education and Experience (minimum requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experienced in electronic design, including microcontrollers and analog/digital circuit design
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with Altium Design, Xilinx, or other CAD/CAE software
- Familiarity with PCI bus
- Experience with sensor/actuator interfaces/simulation