As a leading supplier of simulation software, systems, and technical expertise for development and lab testing of complex control and system integration applications, our engineers work with customers on some of the most cutting-edge technology being developed in the Aerospace and Defense community.
ADI offers an excellent work environment with flexibility and versatility. We are a small, agile company that develops technology based on strong engineering processes. We provide our employees with competitive salaries and a comprehensive beneift package that includes Platinum-level health and dental plans, employer paid life insurance and disability benefits, and a 401(k) plan with both pre-tax and Roth deferrals.
To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume with a cover letter specifying the position you are applying for and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position: Embedded Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer, and Project Engineer. See below for the full job posting.
Embedded Software Engineer
ADI is currently developing the next generation of our ADvantage real-time embedded tools that will provide enhanced performance and capabilities. We have an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to join our Software Engineering team to aid in these efforts. In this position, you will be working in a small development team to design and implement our C-based real-time framework software using commercial and proprietary RTOS platforms. This will include concepts such as multithreading, inter-process communications, file / memory management, and device driver development on both x86 and PowerPC hardware.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with UNIX / Linux based operating systems; additional background developing in a real-time framework is desirable
- Competency with software development and system configuration
- Experience with:
- Unix / Linux systems (tools, scripting, C development, etc.)
- Hardware control / interfacing (Ethernet, CAN, Firewire, Analog/Digital I/O, etc.)
- RTOS development platforms and concepts (QNX, vxWorks, etc.), preferred
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Strong team player able to work both independently and interactively in a small group setting
Desirable Experience / Skills:
- Experience with MATLAB®/Simulink®, C++, FPGA, etc.
- Familiarity with BIOS settings, hardware diagnostic tools (scopes, meters, etc.)
- A general understanding of electrical engineering concepts
Software Development Engineer
ADI is currently developing the next generation of our ADvantage tools that will provide multiple OS platform support with enhanced performance and capabilities. This position involves the design and development of C++ code on both Windows and Linux platforms and would require involvement in all stages of the development cycle from the design and specification phase to product release, while ensuring compliance with development standards and performance specifications.
Major Job Duties
- Software development using C++ on Windows and Linux platforms
- Exploration of new software technologies for possible integration or performance enhancements
- Helping to support and maintain previous revisions of released software products
- Documentation of software design and testing procedures
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with Windows based application development using Microsoft Visual Studio, including knowledge of MFC or similar class libraries
Desired Experience / Skills:
- Experience with:
- Linux development in C++
- Python scripting
Project / Applications Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to provide leadership and direction to production test for simulation systems, project engineering, and support of internal development and systems as detailed below.
Major Job Responsibilities:
Provide Leadership and Direction to Production Test for Simulation Systems
- Refine system integration and test processes
- Act as interface between production test and engineering to resolve issues
- Identify and resolve omissions in test template procedures
- Support process of identifying test equipment required for upcoming projects
- Help establish test adapters and test tolerances
- Automate production test procedures (Python scripting)
- Participating in design reviews, reviewing bill of material and customer requirements, monitoring and reporting production status, and supporting the project through final test and installation of the system
- Participate in the design verification of new hardware
- Work with Chief Operating Officer and Contract Review team to define a set of test requirements based on customer input
Support of Internal Development Systems
- Setup and configure simulation systems for development
Education and Skill Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering discipline or related work experience plus Associates Degree in Engineering field.
- Software skills including Excel, Word, and proficiency with application software such as LabVIEW, Simulink, etc.
- Familiarity with test equipment such as DVMs, scopes, power supplies, etc.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Some experience with programming or scripting
- Experience working with PC and configuring systems
- Ability to help troubleshoot circuits
Although we do not have any openings in the the following areas at this time, the job postings below indicate the skills and experience that we routinely recruit for. We encourage candidates with those skills to check back periodically for any openings.
Electrical Engineer experienced in circuit board design for simulation and test systems. Responsibilities will include producing engineering designs for new products and support of existing designs. Requires involvement in new product development cycles from the specification phase to product release while ensuring compliance with performance specification and meeting manufacturability and test requirements.
Major Job Duties
- Responsibilities will include digital, analog, and PLD design; schematic entry; PCB layout
- Hardware debug in conjunction with software engineers
- Work with customers to solidify customer requirements and develop custom designs as required.
- Documentation of designs and test procedures
Education and Experience (minimum requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experienced in electronic design, including microcontrollers and analog/digital circuit design
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with Altium Design, Xilinx, or other CAD/CAE software
- Familiarity with PCI bus
- Experience with sensor/actuator interfaces/simulation