As a leading supplier of simulation software, systems, and technical expertise for development and lab testing of complex control and system integration applications, our engineers work with customers on some of the most cutting-edge technology being developed in the Aerospace and Defense community.
ADI offers an excellent work environment with flexibility and versatility. We are a small, agile company that develops technology based on strong engineering processes. We provide our employees with competitive salaries and a comprehensive beneift package that includes Platinum-level health and dental plans, employer paid life insurance and disability benefits, and a 401(k) plan with both pre-tax and Roth deferrals.
To apply for any of our open positions, please send your resume with a cover letter specifying the position you are applying for and your salary requirements to email@example.com.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position: Electrical Engineer / PCB Designer, Applications Engineer, Electronics Technician, Graduate (Masters Degree) Engineering Student (part time) and Project Applicatons Engineer. Click on the link for the full job posting.
Electrical Engineer / PCB Designer
Excellent opportunity for an Electrical Engineer experienced in circuit board design for simulation and test systems or we will consider an entry-level engineer with the minimum education and experience listed below to work side-by-side with our engineers. Responsibilities will include producing engineering designs for new products and support of existing designs. Requires involvement in new product development cycles from the specification phase to product release while ensuring compliance with performance specification and meeting manufacturability and test requirements.
Major Job Duties
- Digital, analog, and PLD design; schematic entry; PCB layout
- Hardware debug in conjunction with software engineers
- Work with customers to solidify customer requirements and develop custom designs as required
- Documentation of designs and test procedures
Education and Experience (minimum requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experienced in electronic design, including microcontrollers and analog/digital circuit design
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Due to security requirements of our customers, must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with Altium Design, Xilinx, or other CAD/CAE software
- Familiarity with PCI bus
- Experience with sensor/actuator interfaces/simulation
We are seeking a self-motivated engineer with a strong programming background. As part of our Application Engineering team you will support and develop solutions for customers’ technologies; develop demonstrations to support technical sales; help advance our MBSE tools; act as project engineer for new integrated systems; and explore cutting-edge technologies to further real-time simulation applicability.
Education and Experience Requirements
- B.S. in Engineering field
- Excellent analysis skills
- Experience with Simulink, C/C++, Python
- Experience with dynamic system modeling, including multi-body dynamics
- Background in control systems
- Experience with communications protocols
- A good understanding of aircraft systems
- Experience with Hardware-in-the-loop simulation
- Excellent communication skils
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident due to security requirements of our customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2-year technical degree desired, or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience with electronics troubleshooting.
- Experience performing cable and mechanical assembly and checkout
- Experience repairing circuit boards, a plus
- Experience performing circuit board assembly and/or surface-mount soldering, a plus
Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to operate test equipment (meters/ scopes).
- Ability to read schematics and wire lists.
- Ability to follow test procedures.
- Ability to use application software on a Windows PC.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
Graduate Engineering Student
ADI has been awarded an AFRL Phase I SBIR (topic AF151-189) to investigate creating highly-efficient models of hypersonic flight that include the coupled interaction of thermal response, structural dynamics, and aerodynamics for high-fidelity closed-loop guidance and control simulation. Reduced order modeling; truncated iteration and evaluation; and parallelization are some of the techniques to be used to obtain real-time simulation of the models.
This project will focus on innovative hypersonic vehicle modeling techniques for fluid-thermal-structural interactions (FTSI) developed by both Carlos Cesnik, a professor of Aerospace Engineering and the director of the Active Aeroelasticity and Structures Research Laboratory at the University of Michigan and Jack McNamara, an associate professor of Aerospace Engineering and the Director of the Multi-Physics Interactions Research Group at the Ohio State University.
ADI is seeking a highly motivated engineering student with strong programming skills to work about 20 hours a week over approximately a 6 month period in tasks related to the SBIR study including programming, benchmarking, test case development, and analysis.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- US Citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Graduate engineering student in aerospace, mechanical, or computer science
- Matlab / Simulink experience
- C/C++ programming skills
- background in studies of aeroelasticity & structure dynamics would be beneficial
- research skills
Project Applications Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to provide leadership and direction to production test for simulation systems, project engineering, and support of internal development and systems as detailed below.
Major Job Responsibilities:
Provide Leadership and Direction to Production Test for Simulation Systems
- Refine system integration and test processes
- Act as interface between production test and engineering to resolve issues
- Identify and resolve omissions in test template procedures
- Support process of identifying test equipment required for upcoming projects
- Help establish test adapters and test tolerances
- Automate production test procedures (Python scripting)
- Participating in design reviews, reviewing bill of material and customer requirements, monitoring and reporting production status, and supporting the project through final test and installation of the system
- Participate in the design verification of new hardware
- Work with Chief Operating Officer and Contract Review team to define a set of test requirements based on customer input
Support of Internal Development Systems
- Setup and configure simulation systems for development
Education and Skill Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering discipline or related work experience plus Associates Degree in Engineering field.
- Software skills including Excel, Word, and proficiency with application software such as LabVIEW, Simulink, etc.
- Familiarity with test equipment such as DVMs, scopes, power supplies, etc.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Some experience with programming or scripting
- Experience working with PC and configuring systems
- Ability to help troubleshoot circuits
Although we do not have any openings in the the following areas at this time, the job postings below indicate the skills and experience that we routinely recruit for. We encourage candidates with those skills to check back periodically for any openings.
Embedded Software Engineer
ADI is currently developing the next generation of our ADvantage real-time embedded tools that will provide enhanced performance and capabilities. We have an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to join our Software Engineering team to aid in these efforts. In this position, you will be working in a small development team to design and implement our C-based real-time framework software using commercial and proprietary RTOS platforms. This will include concepts such as multithreading, inter-process communications, file / memory management, and device driver development on both x86 and PowerPC hardware.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with UNIX / Linux based operating systems; additional background developing in a real-time framework is desirable
- Competency with software development and system configuration
- Experience with:
- Unix / Linux systems (tools, scripting, C development, etc.)
- Hardware control / interfacing (Ethernet, CAN, Firewire, Analog/Digital I/O, etc.)
- RTOS development platforms and concepts (QNX, vxWorks, etc.), preferred
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Strong team player able to work both independently and interactively in a small group setting
Desirable Experience / Skills:
- Experience with MATLAB®/Simulink®, C++, FPGA, etc.
- Familiarity with BIOS settings, hardware diagnostic tools (scopes, meters, etc.)
- A general understanding of electrical engineering concepts**********
Software Development Engineer
ADI is currently developing the next generation of our ADvantage tools that will provide multiple OS platform support with enhanced performance and capabilities. This position involves the design and development of C++ code on both Windows and Linux platforms and would require involvement in all stages of the development cycle from the design and specification phase to product release, while ensuring compliance with development standards and performance specifications.
Major Job Duties
- Software development using C++ on Windows and Linux platforms
- Exploration of new software technologies for possible integration or performance enhancements
- Helping to support and maintain previous revisions of released software products
- Documentation of software design and testing procedures
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with Windows based application development using Microsoft Visual Studio, including knowledge of MFC or similar class libraries
Desired Experience / Skills:
- Experience with:
- Linux development in C++
- Python scripting
Applications Software Development Engineer
We are seeking a self-motivated engineer with a strong programming background and good communication skills to add to our team of technology experts.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S. in engineering discipline (aerospace, mechanical, computer, control systems engineering, or related field)
- Experience with Microsoft .NET development tools (C, C++, C#, XAML, WPF, Windows Forms, etc.)
- Experience working on software development projects in a team environment
- Configuration management systems/tools (Dimensions / DOORS)
Desired Expertise (in one or more of the following):
- Dynamic system modeling, including multi-body dynamics
- Control systems
- Communications protocols such as ARINC429, RS422
- Aircraft systems
- Hardware-in-the-loop simulation
If you have the required skills and are interested in becoming a part of our dynamic applications engineering team, we would be interested in hearing from you. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the security level requirements of our customers, only qualified candidates that are U.S. citizens or permanent residents can be considered for this position.