Prototype, verify, analyze, and certify with simulation
The ADvantage Framework is a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) software platform providing an agile, feature-rich environment for supporting system lifecycle through development, integration and test. The open architecture framework allows you to leverage best-in-class COTS and open source technologies in a common project based environment.
- Design and build with ADvantageDE
- Execute and interact with ADvantageVI
- Manage networked systems testing withADvantageDB
- Visualize and analyze using SIMplotter
- Define and inject electrical faults with ADvantageFC
ADvantage: What is it used for? To build and operate:
- Basic real-time simulator – a small, relatively speaking, single project, hardware-in-the-loop system
- Flexible, modular, real-time simulator – larger, supporting multiple projects, rapid re-configurability
- Real-time testing and integration facility – very large, distributed, interfacing to multiple systems, executing numerous simulation models
- Real-time controller – rapid prototype or deployment-ready real-time controller
- Open architecture – extensibility, obsolescence avoidance, cost-minimization, and more
- Open source – leverages best-in-class open source technology whenever possible
- Minimize development cycle rework – intelligent tool/domain transitions
- Rapid re-configurability – maximize support for agile development approaches throughout the framework
ADvantage Key Elements
- Layer on top of COTS hardware
- Multi-core, multi-processor, multi-node distributed real-time systems
- Real-time simulation or real-time prototyping
- Model-based paradigm – insert your models
- Databus and serial rapid configuration
- Modular test automation, test management, and scripting
- Distributed – networked tools and users
Board Support Packages and I/O Interface Boards
The ADvantage Framework supports a wide range of I/O interface boards supplied by industry-leading computer board manufacturers. Refer to our Product Index for a listing of supported I/O boards. If you don’t find a board of interest listed please contact us. We are constantly supporting new I/O interface boards and update the Product Index periodically. If there is an I/O board you would like to use in your solution we can nearly always add support for your project. We also offer a DDK so you can also write ADvantage drivers on your own.
If you are interested in seeing ADvantage support a particular motherboard/CPU combination or single board computer (SBC) please contact us. Not all motherboards or SBCs are equal in terms of their ability to deliver decent real-time performance with low jitter. Our team is constantly evaluating new hardware as it comes to market. We can help.
ADvantage Framework – DIY or End-to-End Solution – You Decide
Combine ADvantage with your own computer equipment or have Applied Dynamics provide a custom-design, fully-integrated and tested solution. The choice is yours. Learn more about Applied Dynamics hardware solutions.