Applied Dynamics International (ADI), headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, offers model based systems engineering (MBSE) software, integrated systems, custom solutions, and services for industry leading projects in aerospace, defense, marine, and energy markets. Applications where our technology is utilized include aircraft development, engine control development, defense vehicle systems, and satellite control.
ADI offers an excellent work environment with flexibility and versatility. We are a small, agile company that develops technology based on strong engineering processes. We provide our employees with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package that includes Platinum-level health and dental plans, employer paid life insurance and disability benefits, a 401(k) plan with both pretax and Roth deferrals and a unique vacation policy that allows an accelerated accrual based on related experience.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions: Electrical Engineers / PCB Designers, Mechanical Design Engineer, Embedded Software Engineer and Applications Programming Engineer , HR Business Partner (click on the job link for the full job posting). If you have the required qualifications, please submit your resume with a cover letter stating the job you are applying for and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to continued company growth, we have excellent opportunities available for an Electrical Engineer with knowledge / experience with electro-mechanical system design, circuit or PCB design. The work is both diverse and challenging that includes producing engineering designs for new products and support of existing designs. The selected candidates will be involved in new product development cycles from the requirements gathering and specification phase to product release.
Major Job Duties
- Digital, analog, and PLD/FPGA design; schematic entry; PCB layout; power distribution
- Work with customers to solidify customer requirements and develop custom designs as required
- Documentation of designs and test procedures
Education and Experience (minimum requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent
- Experience with Altium Designer, Xilinx, or other CAD/CAE software
- Experience with AutoCAD for mechanical or schematic design
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Mechanical Design Engineer
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Mechanical design for test facility instrumentation and controls
- System and component design
- Work with customers to refine requirements on large projects
- Manage specification and selection of components
- Conduct industry research and component evaluations
- Preparation of material and equipment specifications.
- Define part numbers and assemble bills of materials within an ERP system.
- Work with Purchasing to insure right components are procured.
- Assist in hands-on work of rack integration, testing of computer and data acquisition equipment and cables.
- Provide engineering support during system integration, test and acceptance
Required Education / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2D and 3D tools
- Proficient in the use of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills
- High attention to detail / detail oriented
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Must be a Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a U.S. passport.
- Open to overseas travel.
Embedded Software Engineer
In this position, you will be working in a small development team to design and implement our C-based real-time framework software using commercial and proprietary RTOS platforms. This will include concepts such as multi-threading, inter-process communications, file / memory management, and device driver development on both x86 and PowerPC hardware.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with UNIX / Linux based operating systems
- Additional background developing in a real-time framework is desirable
- Competency with software development and system configuration
- Experience with:
- Unix / Linux systems (tools, scripting, C development, etc.)
- Hardware control / interfacing (Ethernet, CAN, Firewire, Analog/Digital I/O, etc.)
- RTOS development platforms and concepts (QNX, vxWorks, etc.),preferred
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Strong team player able to work both independently and interactively in a small group setting
Desirable Experience / Skills:
- Experience with MATLAB®/Simulink®, C++, FPGA, etc.
- Familiarity with BIOS settings, hardware diagnostic tools (scopes, meters, etc.)
- A general understanding of electrical engineering concept
Applications Programming Engineer
As part of our Applications Engineering team, you will:
- Support and develop solutions for customer’s technologies;
- Develop demonstrations to support technical sales;
- Assist in advancing our MBSE tools;
- Act as a Project Engineer for new integrated systems; and
- Explore cutting-edge technologies to further real-time simulation applicability.
Our flagship software product, the ADvantage Framework, is a MBSE software platform providing an agile, feature-rich environment for supporting system lifecycle through development, integration and test. iAircraft, another ADI product, is an aircraft simulation modeling package designed specifically for use in aircraft lab facilities.
Required Education and Experience:
Due to the security-level requirements of our customer, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- B.S. in Engineering discipline (i.e., aerospace, mechanical, computer, control systems engineering)
- Excellent analysis skills
- Advanced programming skills
- Experience with C / C++, Python, MATLAB/Simulink,
- Background in control systems is desirable
- Experience with communications protocols and I/O interfacing
- Good communication skills
HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner is both a strategic and a hands-on role that will focus on aligning our talent strategy with the business objectives of the organization. The current talent strategy is geared towards growth of our highly-skilled technical teams; succession planning and career development frameworks; change and employee relations management; creation and deployment of global HR policies and programs. The HR Business Partner will work closely with the senior leaders acting as a change agent and a subject matter expert in creating and implementing strategic programs that attract, reward and retain our high-potential team members.
Applied Dynamics International (ADI) provides Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) solutions for industry leading projects in aerospace, defense, marine, and energy markets. We are industry leaders in the development of real time test technology.
ADI work with a range of global customers providing the capability needed to obtain data for development, certification and in service support.
Our diverse team of industry expert’s work alongside customers to develop both standardized and tailored capability. Our research is influenced both by academic development and customer engagement and we constantly work to understand where we need to drive our technology to help tackle new engineering challenges.
Employer branding and recruitment marketing
- In partnership with our recruitment specialist and by leveraging the best practices of employer branding and recruitment marketing, develop a strategy for effective sourcing and recruitment of new talent
- Identify and facilitate implementation of an applicant tracking system
- In partnership with the senior leaders and recruitment specialist develop a set of metrics that measure effectiveness of the overall recruitment strategy and the candidate experience
- Ensure consistent messaging of the company’s brand and culture in all internal and external communications and events
- Build and automate an effective onboarding program that creates a positive employee experience
Career development and succession planning frameworks
- In partnership with the senior leaders of the organization develop and implement a job leveling system for individual contributor and people manager tracks
- Define and implement a competencies framework that will be used in defining job levels, career planning and performance management programs, as well as in job descriptions
- In collaboration with the company managers create a comprehensive job description template and facilitate its completion for all jobs in the company
- Work with the leaders of the organization in mapping our talent to the job levels and facilitate all career planning initiatives associated with promotions and developmental job transfers
- Develop and deploy a robust performance management and review framework
- Train and coach all team members to effectively navigate the performance management framework resulting in retention and motivation of our talent
- Proactively identify employee development, training and compliance needs
- Develop and implement an effective succession planning program
Employee relations and change management
- Manage the employee relations function through coaching the team members at all levels of the organization in team dynamics and change management, through facilitation and management of conflict situations, through implementing performance improvement plans and exit strategies
- Be a thought leader who facilitates change and company’s growth through strategic and tactical HR coaching and performance management solutions
- Support the business leaders with HR analytics and reporting that tell a talent and culture story to help prioritize future initiatives as the company continues to grow
Global HR policies and programs
- Act as a proactive agent in development and delivery of the company-specific and general HR policies and practices
- Developed a comprehensive Global Employee Handbook that serves as a guide on all policies and programs pertaining to the company’s employment, cultural and ethical values
- Develop and implement an effective diversity and inclusion program, as well as collect and maintain relevant affirmative action planning information
- Actively capture, analyze and report data that identifies the need for modification or addition of HR policies and programs in response to the legislative and high-tech industry environments
- A successful candidate in this role is passionate about coming onboard and building a state of the art HR operations and programs from scratch
- You love the freedom to create and find the positive effects of your contributions to the business ultimately rewarding
- You are very analytical and strategic, excited about the high-tech industry and technology
- You constantly research best practices and network with other professionals to position the company as an innovative leader in HR practices in the high-tech field
- You are excited to join the company that has been able to attract the top industry minds because of their love for a deep, innovative and high-end technology
Although we do not have any current openings in the following disciplines, we are always interested in hearing from experienced individuals in these areas.
Applications Engineer / Dynamic System Modeling
ADI has been awarded an AFRL Phase I Small Business Innovation Research (topic AF151-189) to investigate creating highly-efficient models of hypersonic flight that include the coupled interaction of thermal response, structural dynamics, and aerodynamics for high-fidelity closed-loop guidance and control simulation. Reduced order modeling; truncated iteration and evaluation; and parallelization are some of the techniques to be used to obtain real-time simulation of the models. This project will focus on innovative hypersonic vehicle modeling techniques for fluid-thermal-structural interactions.
ADI is seeking a highly motivated engineer to fill an immediately available position with our SBIR team for design, programming, benchmarking, test case development, and analysis. Also as part of our Application Engineering team you will support and develop solutions for customers’ technologies; develop demonstrations to support technical sales; help advance our MBSE tools; act as project engineer for new integrated systems; and explore cutting-edge technologies to further real-time simulation applicability.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Due to security requirements, eligible candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- A graduate degree in engineering
- Excellent analysis skills, research and technical writing skills
- Background in studies of fluid or structure dynamics would be beneficial
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, C/C++, Python
- Experience with dynamic system modeling, including multi-body dynamics
- Background in control systems
Software Development Engineer
ADI is currently developing the next generation of our ADvantage tools that will provide multiple OS platform support with enhanced performance and capabilities. This position involves the design and development of C++ code on both Windows and Linux platforms and would require involvement in all stages of the development cycle from the design and specification phase to product release, while ensuring compliance with development standards and performance specifications.
Major Job Duties
- Software development using C++ on Windows and Linux platforms
- Exploration of new software technologies for possible integration or performance enhancements
- Helping to support and maintain previous revisions of released software products
- Documentation of software design and testing procedures
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with Windows based application development using Microsoft Visual Studio, including knowledge of MFC or similar class libraries
Desired Experience / Skills:
- Experience with:
- Linux development in C++
- Python scripting