Take your model-based development and testing to the next level with iAircraft
iAircraft is an aircraft simulation modeling package designed specifically for use in aircraft lab test facilities such as “iron bird” simulators and simulation-based avionics integration test facilities. iAircraft has been developed for the simulation of commercial aircraft and can also be parameterized to represent a wide range of fixed-wing aircraft. iAircraft is made up of a collection of Simulink models that may be run within the Simulink simulation software or on ADEPT-based real-time simulation computer systems (rtX, rtX-V). iAircraft has been developed with an architecture that allows the aircraft simulation to get up and running quickly in pure simulation mode, but also makes it easy to connect real aircraft LRU for performing aircraft hardware-in-the-loop testing, integration, and avionics verification activities. The iAircraft simulation modeling methodology is based on commercial aircraft industry-leading research and development for several decades.
- High-fidelity, 6-degree-of-freedom flight dynamics model with rotating spherical earth
- Aircraft ‘trim’ module for initializing flight at a selected stable flight condition
- Configurable landing gear with nose wheel steering as a function of rudder pedal and tiller travel
- Comprehensive autopilot modules including intercept & track, heading hold, bank angle hold, and more.
- Fully scriptable ILS landing capability
- High-fidelity gas turbine engine model for testing application that include an EEC or low-fidelity model engine pressure ration based model for simpler development and testing applications
- High-fidelity Environmental Control System (ECS) blockset
- Non-real-time Simulink execution and real-time execution packages available
- Out-The-Window (OTW) visuals interface
- Flight control system development using an iron bird simulator lab
- Entire aircraft integration testing using an avionics testing facility
- Pilot controls and flight deck systems development
- Cockpit integration lab
- Aircraft flight control law development
- Model-based design management and communication
iAircraft Lite DT
iAircraft Lite DT provides an entry-level point for aircraft flight simulation on the Desktop. iAircraft Lite supports aircraft take-off and landing dynamics. iAircraft Lite does NOT include the level of detail required to connect real aircraft electronic systems. The suggested uses of iAircraft Lite are:
- to provide an aircraft simulation model early in an aircraft development program to enable the user to begin performing real-time flight simulation
- University teaching tool for introducing to students:
- flight simulation
- control system development
- hardware-in-the-loop simulation
- systems integration
iAIRCRAFT LITE IS DEFINED WITH A LIBRARY CONTAINING A MODULE FOR EACH OF THE FOLLOWING:
- environment conditions
- aircraft dynamics
- aircraft aerodynamics
- aircraft autopilots and control
- landing gear
Each of these modules could be replaced with a user-defined element.
Does not support the addition of iAircraft+ modules. Requires Simulink 2011b or later.
iAircraft Lite RT
iAircraft Lite RT provides the capabilities of iAircraft Lite running on an ADEPT based real-time simulation computer. Does not support the addition of iAircraft+ modules. Requires Simulink 2012b or later. Requires ADEPT Framework.
iAircraft Standard DT
iAircraft Standard DT provides a desktop simulation library that includes the level of detail required in simulation-based aircraft test facilities. iAircraft includes appropriate interface points for connecting the model with real and simulated electronic control systems. iAircraft does NOT include as high-fidelity on-aircraft subsystems (engines, electrical systems, etc) but it can be integrated with iAircraft high-fidelity aircraft subsystem modules (i.e. iAircraft+) and with customer furnished simulation subsystems. iAircraft includes trim routines required to initialize the aircraft flight simulation to a stable, know condition (speed, altitude, heading, etc).
Requires Simulink 20011b or later.
iAircraft Standard RT
iAircraft Standard RT provides the capabilities of iAircraft Standard running on an ADEPT-based real-time simulation computer. Requires Simulink 2012b or later. Requires ADEPT Framework.