Tools for Verification Testing
An advanced solution for interactive and automated electrical fault insertion, ADEPT-FC combines a scalable fault matrix with the ADEPT Framework to verify and validate system response to induced faults, sensor failures, signal shorts, etc.
This high-level application provides a straight forward environment for all to use:
- Intuitive command structure – short (signal) XYZ to ground
- Use of symbolic (XYZ) signal names
- Signal grouping provides management over large numbers of relays in the fault matrix
Hardware is expandable both in quantity of channels and number of fault busses. It includes system self-health-check to diagnose relay, board, or fuse failures, and also supports both low-current and high-current channels.
Faults supported include:
- Signal to ground
- Open circuit
- Signal to signal
- Resistive signal to signal
- In-line resistive
Real or simulated sensors/devices can be switched in using the real kit relays. Interactive faults can be inserted manually through ADEPT-FC. Automated fault insertion is accomlished from the real-time system under the control of ADEPT-VI. Signal routing to instrumentation or other hardware (DVM, Oscilloscope, etc) can be monitored to verify proper signal behavior.
The Fault Relay Matrix
Insert a fault matrix between the real-time Framework and the device under test. The fault matrix comprises fault busses where each IO line to the DUT has one relay on each fault bus in the system. The fault busses are paired providing SIM and DUT busses separated with an isolation relay. A Real Kit relay on the SIM side allows the insertion of real sensors or equipment into the system. The fault matrix is scalable, 1 – 4 fault bus pairs. With more fault bus pairs a greater variety/quantity of faults can be inserted at any one time.
Here are some common use cases for ADEPT-FC:
- The fault matrix is managed through the ADEPT-FC Client tool. The fault matrix is annotated with real signal names for ease of use and fault management.
- Open and close relays manually; ad-hoc fault evaluations, hardware debugging
- Build up the fault using real signal names and predefined fault commands
- Automate the fault evaluation – create and manage reusable fault libraries
- Deterministically manage faults using a dedicated logical device in your Simulation project
- Monitor and track current state of the fault matrix